Who We Are
TransformOurWorld.org is designed to become the online authority site for people and projects that are changing the world to connect. TransformOurWorld is being built and hosted at Harvest Evangelism Inc. which is the umbrella organization for the International Transformation Network. The International Transformation Network is an alliance of marketplace and ministry individuals working together to transform our world for the better. You are invited to sign up for free today and begin interacting as part of the network!
Plain and simple, we want to see the presence and power of God meet the felt needs and the systemic challenges of our communities and the world at large.
Something Extraordinary is Going on All Over the World
Ordinary people are doing extraordinary things that are radically transforming schools, companies, prisons, cities, and even nations. Today millions of men and women are walking out their call to full-time ministry in the marketplace. These people work as stockbrokers, lawyers, entrepreneurs, farmers, chief operating officers, news reporters, teachers, police officers, plumbers, receptionists, cooks, and much more. Many already know that they are called to play a vital part in the establishment of God's kingdom on Earth. Transformation, by Ed Silvso, ch. 1
TransformOurWorld.org is the online place where we connect and collaborate. You are invited to sign up for free today and begin interacting as part of the network!
What Distinguishes Us
Transformation, ch. 1
- The transformation movement is different because it is spiritual without being religious. Even though faith in God is its central tenet, there is no religious flavor to it. In fact, more than in houses of worship, it is taking place in the marketplace.
- It is revolutionary without being rebellious.
- It is contagious without being infectious.
- It is empowering without being overpowering.
- It is personal while at the same time touching cities and nations.
- It is both death-defying and life-giving, because it is being facilitated by people who are overcoming systemic evil by the blood shed on the cross by the Holy One, people who have exchanged their lives for His life.
We are connected by Five Pivotal Paradigms for Transformation. To see what we have never seen, we must do what we have never done, or else we will continue to see what we always see. Embracing these five paradigms is the first step of a long and glorious journey. Transformation, ch. 3
The Great Commission is about discipling nations, not just people.
I am a discipler of nations, and a model for people.
The marketplace (the heart of the nation) has already been redeemed by Jesus and now needs to be reclaimed by His followers.
I walk and work in confidence that what I do will make an eternal difference.
Labor is the premier expression of worship on Earth, and every believer is a minister.
I am equipped by God with unique gifts and talents designed to shine light where there has been darkness.
Our primary call is not to build the Church but to take the Kingdom of God where the kingdom of darkness is still entrenched in order for Jesus to build His Church.
I am called to do things in a way that will bring the will of God in heaven to my earth every day.
The premier social indicator that transformation has taken place is the elimination of systemic poverty.
I seek to dislodge systems within my sphere of influence that keep me and others poor, spiritually, relationally, materially and motivationally.
We walk out these paradigms through a lifestyle of connecting the problem to a divine solution. We know it as Prayer Evangelism. Prayer Evangelism, ch. 2
Speaking peace to people and to the systems that are around us.
I cannot change what I do not embrace.
Listening to find out where the pain and brokenness is.
I cannot fix what I don't know is broken.
Talking to God about someone else's problem.
I connect man's need with God's resources.
Letting it be known that the kingdom of God is near.
I confirm that the power and presence of God is "in the neighborhood".
The Kingdom of God in the Marketplace
We take the position that Christians have been involved in world transformation for more than 2000 years. We then state that Prayer Evangelists have a key role in ushering in the Kingdom of God in contemporary society. Finally, we provide an example from Newark, New Jersey, to illustrate what can happen when a change in the spiritual climate attracts attention from government and business leaders.
What the Kingdom of God is Not:
- a doctrine that teaches that we can earn God's favor by strict adherence to moral rules. The practical problem with legalism is that Jesus did not come to earth and die to enforce human laws and moral regulations, but "to seek and to save that which was lost" (Luke 19:10).
- Social Action and Social Reform
- Human efforts to improve society will occur when the Kingdom of God advances, but Jesus said that His Kingdom is "not by outward sign" (Luke 17:20-21).
- Political Activism
- The Kingdom advances in "weakness" and "humility", not by exercises of political power (John 6:14-15).
- The Kingdom of God is hidden in this age (Matthew 13:44). Jesus in fact told Pilate that His Kingdom is "not of this world" (John 18:36).
What the Kingdom of God Is:
- The reign of God
- His authority - ruling in the hearts of men and women.
- Joy in the Holy Spirit
Prayer Evangelism and the Kingdom
The believer's role in advancing the Kingdom of God is described by Jesus in Luke 10:1-9. In this passage Jesus instructs His disciples to go into cities and do four things:
Bless the people they meet:
Whatever house you enter, first say, 'Peace be to this house'.
Fellowship with them:
Stay in that house, eating and drinking what they give you, for the laborer is worthy of his wages.
Pray for their felt needs:
Heal those in it who are sick …
Proclaim the Kingdom:
Say to them, the kingdom of God has come near to you.
These four steps constitute the Prayer Evangelism model that Ed Silvoso describes in detail in his book Prayer Evangelism.
Your Story Here!
Sign up for free today and begin sharing your story with the world.